One day, when I was at home alone, having nothing to do, I decided to surf the web. Surfing is something I like to do. The internet is a vast cyberspace of information and endless entertainment. I think that whoever invented the internet was smart and creative.
Don't you?
Anyway, I was surfing the web this day. One of the many places I like to go to surf is Wikipedia. I don't know why. I'd rather read the unnecessary things online that more useful things on books...
Also, I like to go to YouTube to watch some web videos. I especially like "Whose Line Is It Anyway" improvisational comedy. After a while, I got bored and I somehow digressed to the Emmys. Some funny clips there too.
Then, I found out that during the 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, there was this short comedic spin-off of a show called "Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog". It featured Dr. Horrible (Neil Patrick Harris) and Nathan Fillon (Captain Hammer) fighting over whichever is better - TV, or the Internet. Captain Hammer eventually wins.
The main story is a 42 minute tragedy drama, starring
- Neil Patrick Harris as the title role of Dr. Horrible
- Nathan Fillon as Captain Hammer
- Felicia Day as their mutual love interest, Penny; and
- Simon Helberg as Moist, Dr. Horrible's henchman.
The short film was initially produced for internet distribution; however, it is now sold in DVDs, to

pay the actors. The film won an Emmy for Outstanding Special Class - Short-format Live Action Entertainment Program.
It was also produced during the WGA Writers' Strike of 2008; the film also demonstrates that awesomeness doesn't come at the cost of inexpensiveness.
It certainly made me a fan. I hope it would for you too.
Picture by Tapeworthy Blogspot, August Archive

No comments:
Post a Comment