Monday, January 25, 2010

New additions to the family.

When I went to my uncle's house to visit my cousins that recently came to Singapore to visit us, I found out that my uncle adopted two Persian kittens from his friend. They are both grey, weigh less than one kilogram and are soooooo cute! One is called "Favour" and the other is called "Mercy". I still cannot differentiate the two, but I will! Doesn't this one look so cuddly when asleep?

I spent the evening at his house playing with them after we ate our dinner.

They are both males and are newborns. However, at around eight o'clock, they were tired and ended up sleeping under the sofa.

Everyone was trying to teach the two kittens to understand our language and reply by meowing.

It didn't work.

I'm sure this won't be the only time that I'll be here playing with them.

Times like these, I really want to get a cat from the pet shop. However, buying on impulse is bad. You only want to play with them, but don't know how to take care of them. I believe they are living things and also have feelings like us. Pets are sort of like babies. Working adults cannot fully take care of their kids and they end up having "daddy issues". They think that maids can help, but the kid ends up being closer to the maid than their own parents.

"If you don't have time, don't get it."

I hope people would come to their senses soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is not really related to moments spent together with your family. Its totally about your uncle's cats, taking care of pets and sacrificing time to take care of pets. You should edit most of your post or redo everything. Family moments are moments spent together with your family members. You can talk about how important and precious family moments are. Come on, Matthew! I know you are capable of more.

    ReplyDelete