Thursday, January 28, 2010

Problems in life.

This week, we had a science project. I don't like projects; well, just the kind in groups. Call me anti-social, but I just despise them. Anyway, I had to do some with my friends, specifically, Niyaz, Mustaqim and Aliff. They are the friendly sort of people, not very mischievous.

We were told to do a graded science TfU project. We (most of us) were doing the work, while someone was not (no names mentioned). Don't you hate it when a group member refuses to work or co-operate? There's one in every group. Guaranteed.

So, everyone was stressed out by the daily homework, projects, prior commitments, family, leisure, etc., and the lack of a group member was not helping.

What do we do?

We would've just told him in the face, but that would be rude and inhumane. None of us wanted to be "Lady Macbeth", with zero empathy (inside joke). So now, we were trapped in an existential ethical quandary, telling him won't help, he's too lazy.

Many of us hinted to him before. For instance: "Hey! We still need to do the script for the presentation!", or "Crap. The slides are too plain. Does anyone know how to liven it up?", or maybe "Dude, the presentation is tomorrow. What are we gonna do?"

Now that the presentation deadline has been extended, I certainly wish that the certain someone would stop blowing ink on his shirt and start helping (another inside joke).

So, then, I decided to come straight with him. We told him that if he had not started doing something, we would take his name off the "Group Members" page.

In the end, we convinced him to write the beginning and ending of the script for the presentation.

Typical.

Threats like that always work. Somehow.

If you were stuck in a quandary like this, what would you do?

This Blog Post has been exaggerated above actual fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment